Get your appliances checked
Don’t leave it to chance – unchecked appliances could pose a risk to you and your family. Our Gas Safe registered team at J. H. Horn can carry out an annual gas safety check for your boiler and other appliances.
Safety should be a priority. Badly fitted and poorly serviced appliances can cause leaks, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning.
All our work is guaranteed and we use materials of the highest quality and workmanship to the highest standard. We are fully insured with Public Liability Insurance. Our tradesmen carry ID cards available on request.
Call our boiler service hotline on 0141 954 5911
- Fully qualified and gas safety checked tradesmen
- Highest quality materials and workmanship
- Fully insured
If you decide to use us for your servicing we will:
- Make sure that your gas boiler, controls and components are running efficiently and are all in working order
- Clean vital parts within your boiler system to prevent any carbon monoxide incidents
- Check radiators, valves and pipework for any corrosion and leaks
Gas Safety questions
Gas Safe Register is the official gas registration body for the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Guernsey. By law all gas engineers must be on the Gas Safe Register (it replaced CORGI registration) and the Register's role is to act as a licensing body.
A gas safety check assesses the basic safety of gas appliances in your home to ensure they are all working correctly and safely. A Gas Safe registered engineer will assess the following four areas:
- Gas appliances are on the right setting and burning correctly with the correct operating pressure
- Harmful gases are being removed from the appliance safely to the air outside
- That any ventilation routes are clear and adequate
- All the safety devices are working properly
A service will consist of a full check of a gas appliance and - in addition to the above checks - the registered engineer will dismantle the appliance to inspect and clean it. The engineer will assess the physical condition of the appliance, installation pipework, air vents and any flues for deterioration. They will carry out performance tests to ensure the appliance is operating safely and efficiently and take any necessary remedial action, alerting you to any issues.